Friday, April 4, 2008

First Post

Hello all, I figured before I actually got into anything I may as well write a quick explanation of what this blog is, why you should read it, and how it's going to make me the premier music critic in America, and possibly the world.

First off, this is a blog of music criticism and news with a concentration on jazz (or at least the capacity to pay attention to it; which is more than I can say for any other major news source on the subject).

Second, you should read this so that you don't accidentally stumble across a CD, or online video, or live performance (granted, its hard to stumble upon a live performance that already happened) that sucks. You don't want that to happen, do you? I know I don't want that to happen to you.

Third, I don't know how this is going to make me, Callum MacKenzie- the "jazz monster" for the purposes of this blog- the premier music critic in America, but its going to happen. And when it does you can say "wow, I read that guy's blog while he was in college, he sure deserves to be the premier music critic in America!"

Anyway though, the next entry will have substance. I promise.

No comments: